2 round eggplants
400 gr. Boiled lentils (or boiled beans)
1 leek (or spring onion)
1 clove of garlic, parsley, oil, salt
1 teaspoonful of mustard
The rind of 1 untreated lemon
Breadcrumbs and chickpea flour
Optional: almond flour and nutritional yeast
Herbs and seeds of choice (incl. spices etc.)
- Cut the eggplant into strips and slice the leek, cooking both in a pan with oil, salt and a little water.
- Once cooked, drain the vegetables well of their liquid and place in a mixer with the legumes, parsley, a small clove of garlic, salt, a little mustard and the lemon rind.
- Add to the mixture the breadcrumbs and the chickpea flour (optional almond flour and nutritional yeast).
- Leave to rest in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Form the burgers coating them with the breadcrumbs. Cook in the oven at 180°C until golden, or in a frying pan – with extremely hot extra virgin olive oil- turning 2- 3 times. Serve with mayonnaise, salad or other sauces.
To the burger mix, you can also add boiled grain: millet, quinoa or rice to make a complete meal (with cereals, legumes, dried fruit, vegetables).
Leaving out the breadcrumbs, the burger is gluten free