- 300 gr. rice (carnaroli, baldo or similar)
- 800 ml. vegetable broth
- 200 gr. mushrooms
- 2 carrots
- 200 gr. snow peas
- 150 gr. peas
- 3 spponfuls diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 spoonful tomato concentrate
- ½ red pepper
- ½ green pepper
- ½ onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 pinch of saffron
- ½ teaspoonful sweet paprika
- a traditional Spanish dish prepared in a particular pan: if you don't have this “paella pan” use the largest pan possible because this dish is prepared without ever mixing and at the base a nice tasty crust should form
- Prepare the vegetable broth with carrots, onion, celery and salt.
- Dice the onion and peppers, chop the garlic, clean the mushrooms, cut the snow peas into strips, the carrots into rounds.
- Cook the vegetables in a pan.
- Heat the “paella pan” on a flame, add a drizzle of oil and sautee the garlic and onion. Add the cooked vegetables, tomatoes and concentrate.
- Now pour in the rice and leave to soak up the flavour for 1-2 minutes before adding the hot broth, saffron and sweet paprika.
- During the cooking, don't mix the rice. To check the rice just shake the paella every now and again.
- Alternatively you could cook everything in the oven.
This recipe is a little difficult but very rewarding! At home my daughter, Chiara, always prepares this dish and it's a real treat to see her at the cooker, especially if this is the result!